Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm freakin out!

The nearer it gets to the day, the more freaked out I am about it! Nia is turning ONE next Tuesday, isn't that exciting? But everyone keep saying she's so thin, she's so petit etc, and I don't like that one bit although she is in fact a little skinny albeit the tapioca thighs! That's the only part of her body which seem to be so adorably tembam! I bite them almost on a daily basis!

I digress.

No, I'm not at all freaked out about Nia turning one, I'm freaking out thinking of the party that's happening on the 25th! We're two weeks away and we don't even have the invites ready yet!

There were some production delay from the original supplier ;o) we commissioned the cards from (che wah!) so I called up a friend (who was a vendor of mine in my previous capacity, now a friend) to ask for a huge favour to print out the invites instead, in like, 1 day. He said YES! Oh, thank God! So the pretty cards which were originally intended for the invites are now the Thank You cards instead! I couldn't be happier! Saved me from cracking my brains designing them! Thanks Pipah! :oPPP
  1. Party space - a
  2. F&B - a
  3. Birthday Cake - a
  4. Canopy - a
  5. Balloon - a
  6. Nia's party dress - a
  7. Weather -r anyone know of witch doctor who could make the rain go away on the day? Not asking for much, just for a couple of hours.. PLEASSSSSSSEEEEEE....

Apart from the weather bit I think I got all of it pretty much covered except:

  1. Decorations for the space consisting of Pocoyo cutouts and balloons - I'm still working on it, maybe will get it done by this weekend.. maybe..
  2. Party loot bag for the kiddos - bags are here only the loots missing.. :oP
  3. Kids game - Abby (my sis) is taking care of this bit but we've got colouring pages ready and some crayons too, the rest is up to Abby..
  4. Kites - Abby is also supposed to help buy some colourful ones on her way back from Perhentian ~ I 've not been to a beach in almost TWO bloody years ~I hate u B!~But hurry back :oPP

I went over to Balloon Buzz formerly known as Balloon Bouquets in Sect 14 earlier today to order the balloons for the party. I used to order balloons from them so often while they were still a kuchirat and has not started 'franchising' their business, the lady Colleen is very amiable and helpful. Unfortunately now that they are BIG, things are a little different..

I walked in to their retail outlet and asked about the centerpieces etcetera and showed them my sketch of what I wanted, the girl handed over an album and said "these are all the things that we can do". That means "we don't get creative here, we don't care what our customer wants, these are the things we could do, so choose 1". *Sigh* whatever. So i just placed my order on the colours and number of balloons I wanted and I'll get it done myself on the day. Well, good thing they CAN deliver, imagine if we have to stuff 120 balloons in our little japanese sedan?! *Shudders*

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jan,

    Got petua suruh tak hujan. According to poh- poh get a few Chili Kering, cucuk on lidi and pacak on the ground. Tail facing the sky.

    Kinda effective, she did that during Ah Chor's funeral. Ask Jayross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha, are you serious? well thank God it didnt rain, anyway!

    ReplyDelete