Sunday, December 21, 2008

X'mas is around the corner!

I'm excited as it will be Nia's first ever X'mas. We even went out to get a X'mas songs collection to listen to on the drive back to Malacca. I wanted a classic collection, and thank God we found this album called "That Christmas Feeling" it has some fabulous originals! There was this other album from Blue Note called Blue Note/Yule Be Boppin', god I'm so in love with that album but I could only get 1 according to hubz, so I got the classic collections instead :o( He bought himself a Nina Simone collection :oP It's alright.. I'll get it next month!

Other than shopping for some music, we also did major damages shopping for Nia's x'mas dresses, at, *gasp* Guess Baby! Oh man, that was quite a burn in the pocket.. not only we got her 2 pretty dresses, hubz also decided to get 2 of his friend's babies x'mas pressies from Guess Baby too.. hence the burn! hahaha On Saturday I hung out with my 2 preggie gfs, one is at 36 wks, the othr at 24, well actually, our whole family hung out, nia, hubz & i, my 36 wk gf & her hubz, my 24 wk gf, her hubz and 4 yo son! wow! I got a glimpse of what it's going to be like in the future, a little scary... especially if your child is a little unruly and shouts instead of talking! hmmmmph. anyways, other than that we had a good time, of course before we called it a day, we (hubz & i) got the 2 of them a little x'mas pressie as well, for the 36 wk, a super cool shirt-like onesie from Gap (couldn't help ourselves, it was 40% off!) and a t-shirt for the bratty boy.

I'm on leave from tomorrow as I need to cook x'mas spread for MiL. She has also requested for my now famous, ahem, bread & butter pudding. Yes, can you believe it, of all the things, they LOVE the simplest stuff! Which is brilliant, coz that particular pudding is easy to make and cheap! I also need to go get a nice fat leg of lamb tonight from Cold Storage and I want to roast it nice & slow using Jamie Oliver's recipe that has been tweaked a little to suit my taste! I can't wait for X'mas!! Glutton glutton glutton. I really need a gym soon. VERY VERY soon.



my very own reindeer..

No comments:

Post a Comment