Friday, December 19, 2008

If I could melt away

I wrote this on 29 November 2005.. a tumultous period in my life..

If I could melt away
Like an ice sculpture in mid day
It’ll be my triumph

As I can’t stand here watching
Her soft cheeks drenching
My heart aches to touch her face
While my fingers curled, frozen

What use is an apology
Would that dry her tears?
If I said something cute
Could I undo her hurt?

If I could set with the sun
And drown in darkness deep
It’ll be my victory

As I can’t pretend
And say I don’t love her
My heart aches to feel her skin
While my fingers frozen, still

Let me evaporate
Like dew drops on a bud
And leave an invisible mark
In her torn little heart

If I could vanish
And never have to return here
That will truly be my victory, my triumph, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment