Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Nia's growing up too fast!

She'll be 10 mths this Saturday, or about 43 weeks to be exact. She has been trying to stand without holding on to anything for a couple of months now but just this week she has been standing on her own for a good 10 seconds or so without any help! Last night, my sis tried to help her walk by holding only one hand, she seems a little afraid still as she closes her eyes before lifting her foot off the floor, she could walk really fast when we hold both her hands though, now we are all just waiting for her to take the first step! Oh, God, it's coming soon, the day she's just going to walk on her own, I wish I wouldn't have to miss that, I wish it would happen on a weekend or at a time when I'm home! My little baby is growing up too fast. I haven't even had enough of her yet!

I can't believe she'll be 1 so soon. Well, of course I CAN believe it, as hubz and I are already planning her 1st birthday party! As we have a very large extended family, we're thinking of having a 'picnic-in-the-park' party so that both the kids & parents could have some fun together AND we could keep the cost low! I enquired at Bird park and the zoo for this purpose but both seem to fetch more than 2K for a party of about 100 (this only involves the family and probably 5-6 friends!). We thought it's a bit too much to spend on a party that she's going to hardly remember! Per hubz suggestion, we'll look into those two options probably when she starts play school, then she will have her own friends to have fun with, which makes perfect sense.

I, on the other hand, am SO excited about the party! Initially, I wanted to stay away from any particular theme so that we won't have so much to do, but what do you know, I found Nia's favourite cartoon stuff on the www, I'm making full use of that as they are colourful & fun and most of all, she loves it! I'm going to be SO VERY busy every single weekends making party decors, how exciting!! But I'm gonna be loving every minute of it!! There's so many things to get done, I better be super organised this time! More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment