Friday, December 17, 2010

Midnight Indulgence

In anticipation of one of my fav persons in the world's visit tomorrow, I baked a simple yet delish coffee cake. And my oh my, was it delish or what?! It was soft and light and the crunch of the streusel complemented the cake perfectly. Thankfully I had most of the stuff needed except sour cream, so I replaced it with buttermilk instead, and an hour after I got started, this is what came out from my oven:

Look at that toasted walnuts, Hershey's milk chocolate chips and cinnamon sugar goodness on top of the cake..

15 minutes later.. one piece went missing

and ended up on my plate!

Recipe from Joyofbaking. Think I'll warm this up tomorrow and drizzle some milky chocolate ganache and caramel syrup for the chocolate lover. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment